Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three

Stephen King

Book 2 of The Dark Tower Series

First of all, I find it interesting that only a month after finishing the first in the series, I open the second and barely remember anything described in the "review" prologue. This is one of two things: the reason I found the first insubstantial is that I was paying attention to the wrong things, or upon writing the second King finally realizes the direction he wants to go and highlights (in hindsight) the pieces that take there. I have not had such a strong "literary amnesia" in such a short time before. That said, this second volume does set the hook for the story, bringing in additional "modern time" characters that have developed character as well as spending enough time with the gunslinger making decisions to start to understand his character. So I have now been pulled in to this long saga, albeit not deep enough to rush out and buy every volume. I will wait until my library is willing to share each in turn...

Upgraded to Read (perhaps prematurely?)

No comments:

Post a Comment