Monday, May 16, 2016

Wicked Appetite

Janet Evanovich

A new series by Evanovich. I liked the Fox & O'Hare series, and now reading this, I can see how it is also in her style, but more extreme. Set in Salem Massachusetts, a young woman (Lizzy) is approached and told that she has a special ability to find things. She is asked to help her new friend (Diesel) find some charms that will lead to finding one of seven stones that represent the seven deadly sins. The catch is that when Lizzy finds one and is near it, she starts taking on those characteristics. Hence the Wicked Appetite title when searching for the gluttony stone. Not a bad premise, but I am not the target audience for this series based on the tone. Not sure what the genre is for books, but I would characterize this as Slapstick. Goofy, wacky language, just a bit too silly to the point of being annoying... to me.
Skip

No comments:

Post a Comment