Sunday, April 1, 2018

New Rating Scale

Lately, I am finding my Read - Wait - Skip rating system to be lacking. Specifically, almost everything is READ and I am not able to differentiate 'Read Now' from 'Read Sometime'. So moving forward, I am going to try a Star-system. And I will use a 4-star scale, just to make sure that I don't put everything in the 3-star/average category. Stars will fall out something like:
4-stars: Loved it. A book that I will remember, and will recommend to someone.
3-stars: Good book. Average plus. Well written and enjoyable. May have one or two extravagant passages, but not enough for the entire book to be promoted. This is my starting expectation for any book I bring home.
2-stars: OK. Average or below. Had some redeeming qualities, but basically forgettable.
1-star: Didn't like it, or didn't even finish it. Serious flaws or Not my cup of tea.
Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment