Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Power of Six


Pittacus Lore

Book 2 of the Lorien Legacies series

A little bit of a play on words here as the powerful Six is a main part of the story and we are starting to see how powerful the remaining six Garde will be when they are together. This book picks up where I am Number Four left off, at the destruction of the high school in Paradise, Ohio. Six, Four and Sam are now alone and on the run. Designated as terrorists, they must not only avoid the Mogs, but also the FBI. Their primary goal is to go find Six's chest, which she believes is locked up in a Mogadorian underground stronghold in West Virginia where she was once held captive. Of course, they are constantly sidetracked by attacks and other pressing matters. Suffice it to say, Six does not get her chest back, but there are plenty of other surprises along the way. We are also introduced to Seven, the Garde who lives in Spain and has been tracked by Mogs for quite some time. As her legacies develop, things there get interesting as well. 

I think what I like best about this series is the imagination of the legacies. Fireproof, invisible, weather controlling, anti-gravity, healing, breath under water. All the things I love about the X-men I suppose. Add in the fact that each Garde is discovering things about themselves and pulling strange things out of their chests that they don't know what they do and you have a right good time. Of course, I am starting to see some inconsistencies that are going to bug me if they don't get resolved. And I will always be bugged by how far away Lorien is (reinforced in this book as over 100 million miles away). But I am still enthralled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment